My Tips for a Top Website
Fail to plan, plan to fail. Laying proper foundations can be the difference between a website, and a great website.
Read simple tips before you start. This could save you a lot of time and headache!
- Buy a simple Domain Name. If you are expanding outside of Ireland, get a .COM domain, otherwise get a .IE. P.S. Don’t be a stickler on this point. If your .IE is gone, a .COM will do. Website domains are like real estate, they go fast, so do buy a .net or .eu domain name as in the future, these will be gone too!
- Don’t call your website:
- patpaulroofrepaircompany.ie or
- roofingcompanyireland.ie (The .IE tells your customer that you are in Ireland only)
- Less is more. Keep the website to 2 (or 3) colours at most. Most brands you know McDonalds, Burger King, Lifestyle Sports, Elverys, etc, keep their colours / branding simple, but effective.
- Trust. You only have a few seconds to keep your visitors entertained. In these few seconds, concentrate on the trust. Do this by offering reviews / testimonials, prices, guarantees, warranties, refunds & exchange policy, company number / vat number , physical address, Registered Gas Installer, RECI Registered, etc...
- A fast website. If your website takes longer than 3 seconds to download, then you are losing customers.
- Update your website at least monthly. If you are a gardener, offer 5 tips to maintain your garden. If you sell products & services - offer a discount code, loyalty points or a discount on gift vouchers... All very easy to do with a WordPress Blog or CMS (A website for a service business) or an Online Shop (If you are selling products & services that have prices)
- High Quality Content. Don’t just put up as much irrelevant information as possible. Don’t ramble on.
Do put up prices and break down as much as possible. Far too many clients tell me they can't give a price. I've news for you, you must give some sort of price range as your competitors are. Without this, you will lose your visitors. So, if the price is between €500 - €1,500, explain this and why there is a difference. If you are in construction and brick costs more than say window, explain the different costs. You are giving your visitors reasons to trust you and they will thank you in the long term!
Looking for a Website / Online Marketing / Ecommerce? Contact Professional Web Designers in Dublin today.
Was this article helpful? Let us know.